VLC Media player, the popular media player for Windows, Mac OS X, and Linux reached its latest version 2.0, ready for download from VideoLan today. This open source media player project was started 11 years ago, and it is known for its capability of playing almost all formats of video. The latest version, VLC 2.0, is a major upgrade due to its much improved interface and experimental support for BluRay Discs.
Some of the improved features in the new version 2.0 are
- New rendering pipeline for video
- Faster decoding on multi-core, GPU, and mobile hardware.
- Completely new, single window interface (for Mac)
- Experimental support for BluRay discs
- Support for 10bits codecs, WMV image, and some other codecs
- New deinterlacing filter, including an Inverse Telecine algorithm.
- Several hundreds of bug fixes
- Support for new adaptive streaming protocols, like HLS and DASH
- Rewritten support for images, including jpeg, png, xcf, bmp
The latest version VLC 2.0 can be downloaded from VideoLan website.
Source : VideoLan