LG has announced their latest flagship smartphone LG G6 at its MWC 2017 event in Barcelona. The device sports a 5.7-inch QHD+ FullVision display with a 18:9 (or 2:1) aspect ratio. The device includes a Snapdragon 821 processor, 4GB RAM, and 32GB storage. The LG G6 is the first phone to come with Dolby Vision video support, and the Dolby confirmed that there are about 90 movies with Dolby Vision already available. Interestingly, this is the first LG G-series smartphone that features IP68 rating for water and dust resistance that makes it safe to be immersed in up to 1.5 meters of water for as long as 30 minutes.
The LG G6 will be made available in 3 color variants- Astro Black, Ice Platinum, and Mystic White. No details about pricing or availability yet.
LG G6 specifications
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 71.9 x 7.9mm; Weight: 163g
- 5.7-inch (1440 × 2880 pixels) QHD+ LCD display | 564 PPI
- Quad-core Snapdragon 821 processor | Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM | 32GB / 64GB internal memory (expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD)
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) | LG UX 6.0
- 13MP dual rear cameras with dual-tone LED Flash | OIS 2.0 | Secondary rear camera with 125-degree lens
- 5MP front camera | 100-degree wide-angle lens
- Fingerprint sensor | IP68 certified
- 32-bit Hi-Fi Quad DAC | Dolby Vision
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz) | Bluetooth 4.2 LE | NFC
- 3300mAh battery | Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 | USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)