Micromax has made a comeback in the Indian smartphone market with the launch of Dual 5, the company’s latest flagship smartphone. The device features a rear dual 13-megapixel camera module, where one of them is a monochrome lens and the other is an RGB lens. A color temperature sensor is used to optimally merges the two captured images. The rear camera module also captures video in 4K UHD resolution, while the company is touting 3D video functionality thanks to the dual rear cameras. The device has a fingerprint sensor on the back Micromax says that it has dedicated chip for EAL5 security and is also theft-proof.
Micromax Dual 5 specifications
- 5.5-inch Full HD AMOLED display | Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 652 processor | Adreno 510 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR3 RAM | 128GB internal storage (expandable memory with microSD)
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) | 4G VoLTE
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / micro)
- 13MP (monochrome) + 13MP (RGB) rear camera | Sony IMX258 sensors | f/1.8 | 4K video recording
- 13MP front camera | f/2.0 aperture | 1.12μm pixel size | soft selfie flash
- Fingerprint sensor | Infrared sensor
- WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4/5 GHz) | Bluetooth 4.2 | 3.5mm Audio Jack | USB Type C
- 3200mAh battery | Quick Charge 3.0
Pricing and Availability
The Micromax Dual 5 comes in Gold color and is priced at INR 24,999 and will be available from April 10th through Flipkart, Micromax Store and offline stores across India.