RIM today announced the launch of its new addition to the Curve series smartphones in India – The Blackberry 9220. The phone was launched globally including the Indian Market and will come bundled along with the latest BB OS 7.1.
The phone will carry the price tag of INR 10,990 in the Indian Market and will also come along with the BlackBerry Fusion software which will provide a unified interface to manage BlackBerry Smartphones, BlackBerry PlayBook tablets, iOS and Android operating system. The phone is expected to hit the stores tomorrow and also carry’s along a promotional offer in which the users can download apps worth Rs 2,500. The offer will be valid only till 30th June.
As far, the specifications are concerned, here is the whole list :
- Blackberry OS 7.1
- 2.44 inches 320 x 240 pixels screen with 65k colors (~164 ppi pixel density)
- 1450 mAh battery with a 7 hour talk-time backup.
- Memory expandable up to 32 GB via microSD card slot.
- 512 MB ROM and 512 MB RAM
- 2G (GPRS/EDGE), No 3G Support.
- Touch sensitive optical Trackpad.
- WiFi b/g/n, Bluetooth 2.1
- 3.5 mm Audio Jack.
- Dedicated BBM keys.
- 2 MP Rear camera, No secondary camera in front.
Source : MobiGyaan