Samsung has finally unveiled the much awaited Galaxy Note sequel in the form of Galaxy Note II. Samsung’s Unpacked event at the IFA, Berlin has just taken off and Note II is the first device to come out of the closet. The Note II features a 5.5″ display of the SUPER AMOLED variety and the same Exynos 4 Quad chipset which is featured in the Galaxy S III but is over clocked at 1.6 GHz processor. Check out the full list of specs below:
- 5.5″ 1280×720 Super AMOLED display
- 1.6GHz quad-core Exynos processor (like Snapdragon S4 in US LTE models)
- 2GB RAM
- 16/32/64GB storage, microSD Card slot
- 8MP Rear shooter
- 1.9MP Front camera
- S Pen with S Note and S Planner
- 80.5 x 151.1 x 9.4 mm, 180 g
- 3100mAh battery
- Android 4.1
- Available in Marble White or Titanium Gray
As far as the design goes, as expected it seems to be a bigger Galaxy S III with the same rounded edges and glossy finish. The S-Pen is also improved now with it featiring a rubber nib, users can now add quick commands to gestures. “Air View” allows users to preview galleries and folders just by floating the stylus above the display.
The Note II will launch in “major European, Asian, and Middle East markets” beginning in October, and will be coming to the US later this year.