Intel announced its partnership with Lava Mobile, the budding Indian maker at the MWC and it also unveiled a Android smartphone based on its ‘Medfield’ chipset which looks impressive to say the least and today Lava has launched the smartphone in India. It will come in India with a price tag of Rs. 22,000.
The Xolo X900 specs:
- 1.6 GHz Intel Atom processor with Hyper Threading technology
- PowerVR SGX540 400MHz GPU with dual channel memory
- 1 GB RAM
- 16 GB internal storage
- 4.03 inch 1024×600 pixel LCD capacitive touchscreen display
- 1460 mAh battery
- 8 MP camera with Flash, 1080p FullHD video recording
- 1.3 MP secondary camera
- HSPA+ up to 21 mbps
- HDMI TV Out, NFC, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, Micro SIM slot, GPS
- 1080p FullHD video playback
- Android 2.3 Gingerbread OS (Android 4.0 in works, will come via OTA)
India is the first country to receive the smartphone and it will be interesting to see if it gains some traction since the device features some really impressive specs and it has been announced at a really competitive price range . Although the brand name Lava is not really familiar with people here as a premium device maker but the Intel brand may do some wonders too. We know Intel based chipsets are really powerful and Intel has build this chipset on x86 architecture unlike ARM, it’ll be interesting to see if it proves its worth. The 1480 Mah battery seems to be a dissapointent to me but we have to wait and watch. It will be available starting 23rd of April.
Source : GsmArena