Gionee today launched the A1 Plus in India which was their second handset announced at MWC 2017. Along with Gionee A1 was announced the A1 Plus which we already know about since February this year. The smartphone is a phablet handset with a 6-inch display panel and similar specification set as of Gionee A1.
The differences between the Gionee A1 and the Gionee A1 Plus resides in 3 featurs, a bigger display, bigger battery and dual camera. Apart from these, the A1 Plus comes with MediaTek Helio P25 octa-core processor, 4GB RAM and 64GB on-board storage futher expandable up to 256GB via microSD card. The handset comes with Maxx Audio and massive 4550mAh battery which supports fast charging. The rear comes with a combination of 13MP+5MP sensors whereas the front features a 20MP camera. Here is a complete list of specifications below.
Gionee A1 Plus Specifications
- 6-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- 2.5GHz Octa-core MediaTek Helio P25 processor with Mali-T880 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 64GB Internal memory, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD card
- Amigo OS 4.0 based on Android 7.0 Nougat
- 13MP rear camera with LED flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture, 1/3.06″ sensor, 5P lens, secondary 5MP camera with f/2.2 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera, f/2.0 aperture, 1/2.8″ sensor, 5P lens, selfie flash
- Dimensions: 166.4 x 83.3 x 9.1mm; Weight: 226g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz/5GHz), Bluetooth 4.1, GPS
- 4550mAh battery with fast charging
Pricing and Availability
Gionee A1 Plus has launched in India today for ₹26,999 in Mocha Gold and Black color variants. The handset shall be available in stores starting tomorrow. Packing in such specification set, the USP of the smartphone is its bigger battery which supports fast charging and their dual rear camera combo. We have our review coming out shortly which shall discuss its features in detail.