The Legend is back. Nokia has finally made a comeback in the smartphone industry with HMD Global revealing its first Nokia smartphone: The Nokia 6. HMD Global announced the launch of Nokia 6 via a release on its website, well ahead of the rumored MWC debut. The Nokia 6 runs Android Nougat and is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 430 processor with 4GB RAM and 64GB of internal storage. A solid block of 6000 series aluminum is used to make the phone’s exterior and the home button has an embedded fingerprint scanner.
Nokia 6 specifications:
- 5.5-inch FHD 2.5D curved glass display | Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 430 64-bit processor | Adreno 505 GPU
- 4GB RAM | 64GB internal memory ( expandable up to 128GB with microSD card)
- Android 7.0 (Nougat) | Fingerprint sensor
- 16MP rear camera | 1.0um sensor | f/2.0 | PDAF
- 8MP front-facing camera | 1.12um sensor | f/2.0 aperture | 84˚ wide-angle lens
- 3000mAh built-in battery
- 3.5mm audio jack | Dual speakers | Dual smart amplifiers | Dolby Atmos
- Dimensions: 154 x 75.8 x 7.8 mm
- Dual SIM | 4G LTE | Bluetooth 4.1
The Nokia 6 as of now comes only in Black color variant and is priced at 1699 yuan (US$ 245 or INR 16,700 approx.) and will be available exclusively from JD.com in the first half of 2017 in China and is also exclusive to China. And its still not know if the device would make its way to India or not.
However, Nokia 6 won’t be the only smartphone coming out this year from HMD Global. It has hinted in its press release that there will be more devices coming by H1 2017.
Arto Nummela, CEO, HMD Global said: “Just a short while ago we announced the launch of HMD Global. From the outset we have stated that we intend to move with speed to establish a position as a player in the smartphone category and create products that truly meet consumer needs. The Nokia 6 is a result of listening to our consumers who desire a beautifully crafted handset with exceptional durability, entertainment and display features.