Echofon for Android is a full featured Twitter client for Android phones, which was released after a closed Beta testing for a period. This application is designed by Ubermedia which also happens to be a developer of other android Twitter clients like Ubersocial, which is no less popular. We shall be covering Echofon for Twitter (PRO version) in this review, so let’s find out if you should Install it or Not.
When it comes to functionality, the Echofon app provides everything that an ordinary or an active tweep would love to do – all wrapped in a simple,clean interface. Tweets can be sent with it’s one tap compose function and common tasks like replying to tweets, Direct Messaging and In-line photo viewing as well as replying is all handled well by this application. The user can also select between 2 themes, the Dark and the Light one, both are effective depending on what part of the day you use it.
* Full-featured dashboard widgets
* Sync between all your Echofon apps on Android or iOS devices so you never read a Tweet, @Mention or Direct Message twice
* Background notifications alert you of new Direct Messages and @Mentions
* Easily manage multiple Twitter accounts
* Choose from light or battery-saving dark color themes
* View threaded conversations all in one place to easily keep track of who said what
* Full set of Twitter functionality: Tweet, Retweet, Direct Message, @Mention, lists
* Offers photo previews right in your Twitter timeline
Even with new Twitter clients taking of everyday, Echofon has managed to create a noticeable fan base with its useful features that come handy at times.Widgets offer a great portable experience to view your Tweets without opening the application itself. Tweets and mentions also appear on the Notifications panel – Jelly Bean style. Users have the option to download the free Beta application or the paid PRO application which costs $4.99. While we managed to use both the versions, the only visible difference being ADs that don’t take up your valuable screen space on the PRO version. We see no reason why one wouldn’t want to try this application being a Twitter junkie.
[easyreview title=”Install or Not Scorecard” cat1title=”User friendly” cat1detail=”” cat1rating=”3.5″ cat2title=”Performance” cat2detail=”” cat2rating=”4.5″ cat3title=”Appearence” cat3detail=”” cat3rating=”4″ summary=””]
This application is available as a free Beta and a PRO version in the Google play store.