This is one of the best app I have ever reviewed. Wikitude is a cross platform augmented reality browser that has been voted as “the best” three years in row. It allows you to connect with the world around you the way you want. Didn’t get it? I was the same when I first read its description. Look down below to explore.
- Explore places in augmented reality or show them on a map or list view
- Browse more than 100 million places and interactive content from more than 3,500 content providers or so called “Worlds”
- Search for specific places, for example “thai restaurants”
- Organize and bookmark your content “Worlds” according to your preferences & lifestyle
- Get updates and “Featured Worlds” to see what’s new and interesting
- Find the Worlds you are looking by searching through many different categories
- Find events, tweets, Wikipedia articles and ATMs
- Find restaurant and Hotel recommendations from Yelp, Qype, TripAdvisor, Hotels.com and many more around you
- Find mobile coupons, deals and discounts for stores and shops near you
- Create your very own AR World and share it with your friends, meaning you see their favorite places, and they see yours.
Install or Not :
Wikitude has been voted as the most addictive social app using BBM. Wikitude is like the vision of the surrounding which you might have dreamed of. Wikitude automatically checks your device on whether you have a digital compass built in or not. With a compass you will be AR enabled, but not to worry if you do not have one, Wikitude works great in map view as well. By using camera, it allows you to collect information on places, restaurants, and people nearby and get engaged in the immediate surroundings. It can also locate your BBM friends nearby provided it has been given permission to do so.
Wikitude is available not only on BlackBerry but in Windows Phone, Android and iOS as well. It is available in BlackBerry App World without any price tag. All I am left with is do try it.
Source : Blackberry App World