HTC just launched the flagship HTC 10 smartphone in India. The device has an all-metal body again this time and although the edges of the phone are chamfered, they can be easily differentiated from the others because of the thickness of those cross cuts. The device obviously features a fingerprint sensor on the home button that can unlock the phone in 0.2 seconds, 24-bit hi-res DAC audio chip and BoomSound speakers. The device is powered by a 3000mAh built-in battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 that can charge up to 50% in 30 minute. HTC has claimed that the company has done a lot of testing to check the heating issues on this device and is confident that the phone has a minimal heating while doing extensive tasks.
The HTC 10 comes in Carbon Grey and Topaz Gold colors and is priced at ₹52,990 in India. It will be available from June 2016.
HTC 10 specifications
- Dimensions: 145.9 x 71.9 x 3.0 – 9.0mm; Weight: 161 grams
- 5.2-inch Quad HD Super LCD 5 display with 2.5D Gorilla Glass
- Quad-Core Snapdragon 820 64-bit processor with Adreno 530 GPU
- 4GB RAM, 32/64GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with HTC Sense 8.0 UI
- 12MP (HTC Ultrapixel 2) camera with dual-tone LED flash, 1.55um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, Laser AF, OIS
- 5MP autofocus front-facing camera with 1.34um pixels, f/1.8 aperture, OIS, 23mm focal length, 86-degree wide angle
- HTC BoomSound, Dolby Audio, three noise cancellation microphones
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE, WiFi 802.11 ac/a/b/g/n (2.4 and 5GHz)
- Bluetooth 4.2 and GPS with GLONASS, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3000mAh battery with Quick Charge 3.0