Xiaomi this month after announcing the first Mi Home in the country launched the Redmi 4 in India along with the MiRouter 3C. The smartphone have been launched in China earlier back in November last year alongside Redmi 4A which has been available in India since March 2017.
Redmi 4 features a fingerprint sensor and 2.5D curved glass display along with a big 4100mAh battery. Xiaomi claims Redmi 4 to offer 18 days standby time with the handset and 2 days of survival on a moderate usage. It packs a 435 64-bit Octa-core processor, and will be available in 2GB, 3GB and 4GB memory variants which shall have different storage stack as well. This time there’s no prime variant alike 3S and 3S Prime. Take a glance at the specification set below.
Redmi 4 Specifications:
- 5-inch HD display (720×1280 pixels resolution)
- Octa-core Qualcomm Snapdragon 435 64-bit SoC clocked at 1.4GHz with Adreno 505 GPU
- 2GB RAM/16GB, 3GB/32GB and 4GB/64GB all of which can be further expandable up to 128GB via a microSD card
- 13-megapixel rear camera with an f/2.2 aperture, 5-lens system, PDAF, and dual-LED flash
- 5-megapixel front-facing camera with an f/2.2 aperture
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth v4.1, and GPS/ A-GPS
- 4100mAh battery
Pricing and Availability
The smartphones MIUI 8 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow, and is launching in Elegant Gold and Matte Black color variants. Redmi 4 will be available on 23rd May 2017 at 12 noon on Mi.com and Amazon.in. The 2GB RAM + 16GB ROM variant is priced at ₹6,999 and 3GB + 32GB variant will be available for ₹8,999. The 4GB + 64GB variant will be launched at ₹10,999 by June end.
Bangalore consumers can also buy Redmi 4 from Xiaomi’s first Mi Home in India situated at Phoenix Market City, Bangalore starting 20th May 2017. They can also pre-book a device from Mi.com between 16th and 19th May by paying a small token advance of Rs. 1,000 and pick it up from Mi Home on 20th May.