The wait is over. Samsung Galaxy R finally got to taste Ice Cream Sandwich aka Android 4.0.4. Samsung had promised that they will release ICS for Galaxy R but there was no update. Everyone had lost their hopes by now. The ICS build is based on Android 4.0.4 with kernel 3.1.
This ROM is a test build. There are no words from Samsung yet.
This is no official update from Samsung. The phone needs to be rooted. Its just a CWM backup of the ROM.
Still if you want to try this follow the steps given below.
- Download the romdump from http://www.mediafire.com/vipul/MyStuff.
- CWM backup your device in case of anything happens you can restore it back to gingerbread.
- Now after the download is completed, unrar the file and move to folder /sdcard/external_sd/clockwordmod/backup/.
- Boot your phone to clockwordmod recovery.
- Select backup and restore.
- Select the backup you extracted and wait till it gets completed.
- And its done. Reboot your phone and enjoy ICS!
For more info visit the official XDA thread