BlackBerry App World, inspite of lagging behind the Apple App Store and the Google Play Store, has a large app database. There are plenty of applications up there that almost everything one expects. Twitter, being the busiest social network after Facebook, has caught interest of many app developers to create third party apps. After the official Twitter for BlackBerry by RIM itself, the most popular social networking app is Uber Social. Uber Social was called Uber Twitter earlier, but it has changed its name after including Facebook news feed. So what’s so special about this application that one should opt for this? Let’s check it out below in details.
- Tweet/Retweet, direct mentions, @Replies, @Mentions, Trending Topics, Twitter Lists
- Photo and video support (multiple providers)
- Customized notifications
- Save and restore Tweet drafts in compose mode
- Edit profile
- Tweets near you
- Location services including tagging and search
- Protected tweet mode for privacy
- Recommended users
- Advanced Search Functionality
- Mute capability—mute user for selected period
- Home Timeline—combines Tweets, DMs, @Mentions, etc.
- Deals from GroupOn and LivingSocial (optional)
Install Or Not
UberSocial for BlackBerry has brought a lot of features into use. Apart from the basic tweet, retweet, direct messages, et cetera, we have the picture roll, drafts, and mute capability (which is not there in the official Twitter For BlackBerry). Adding to this we don’t need to install any other application for Facebook as this has the feature of ‘News Feed’ too. We would say it is the complete application for social networking with a lot of customization. The application is available on the BlackBerry App World for free which has in-app advertisements. These advertisements kinda look buggy and can be removed by purchasing the application for $4.99 for an year subscription.
Image courtesy : BlackBerry Empire
Source : BlackBerry App World