Lg has introduced their first 5G smartphone, The LG V50 ThinQ 5G at MWC 2019. The smartphone is powered by Snapdragon 855 with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem and has a 6.4-inch QHD+ OLED display. The V50 features a new Vapor Chamber heat-dissipation system that efficiently keeps the internal temperatures low. Also, the device has a triple rear camera setup. There’s a primary 16MP 107-degree super wide-angle camera, a 12MP standard and 12MP telephoto with 2x optical zoom. It has an 8-megapixel front camera and a 5-megapixel wide-angle lens instead of a 3D ToF sensor that we’ve seen on the LG G8 ThinQ.
Also, along with the smartphone, LG has also announced a secondary display accessory for the LG V50 ThinQ 5G that adds a secondary 6.2-inch OLED (2160 x 1080 pixels) FHD+ display for better gaming and multitasking experience
The LG V50 ThinQ will be available in Astro Black color variant and will be available for sale later this year.
LG V50 ThinQ specifications:
- Dimensions:159.2 x 76.1 x 8.3mm; Weight: 183g
- 6.4-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) 19.5:9 FullVision OLED Display
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU with Snapdragon X50 5G Modem
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- Android Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with f/1.5 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, 78° lens, 16MP super wide camera with f/1.9 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 107° lens, 12MP telephoto camera with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0µm pixel size, 45° lens, LED flash
- 8MP front camera, f/1.8 aperture, 1.22μm pixel size, 80° lens, 5MP secondary camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1.12μm pixel size, 90˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor, Water, dust resistant (IP68), MIL-STD 810G certified
- 3.5mm audio jack, 32-bit Advanced Hi-Fi Quad DAC, DTS: X 3D Surround Sound, Boombox Speaker with stereo output
- 5G, 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz and 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS, NFC
- 4,000mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 | USB Type-C 2.0 (3.1 compatible)