WhatsApp – the most popular IM client for mobile devices which identifies users with their mobile numbers finally gets a UI overhaul. The two most awaited apps for iOS 7, Tweetbot and Whatsapp though took a lot more time to join the iOS 7 club than others but they completely made up for it. Tweetbot came with some extended functionalities and so has Whatsapp.
Apart from adjusting to the flat interface, Whatsapp now has a seperate broadcast list to handle one to many mode of communication. Changes in the app includes new notification sounds, better integration with iCloud, improved location sharing and some more. The detailed changelog is attached below.
Here is the changelog:
- New iOS 7 User Interface
- Broadcast lists: communicate with your classmates, work colleagues or just friends by messaging many people at once.
- Improved share location: 3D map view, hide places, search places
- Large thumbs: see more
- New notification alerts and sounds: WhatsApp Settings > Notifications > New Message.
- Application will now use your device text size as configured in iOS Settings > General > Text Size
- New improved User Interface for managing your blocked contacts: WhatsApp Settings > Chat Settings > Blocked
- Crop image before sending