Canon has announced the EOS 5D Mark IV, its fourth generation 5D full-frame DSLR, for the Indian market. The launch comes a day after its global announcement. The Canon EOS 5D Mark IV aimed at both professional photographers and videographers. The flagship camera features a brand new 30.4-megapixel, full-frame CMOS sensor and Digic 6+ processor. It also features a Dual Pixel CMOS AF to ensure sharp focus and subject tracking while shooting 4K video. The camera will take both CompactFlash and SD cards, and there’s GPS too. Canon EOS 5D Mark IV improves on the legacy of EOS 5D Mark III, and aligns itself with the capabilities of EOS 1D-X Mark II.
Canon also introduced two new L-series EF lenses – the Canon EF 16-35mm f/2.8L III USM Ultra-Wide Zoom Lens and EF 24-105mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom Lens with an improved four-stop image stabilization as well as ghosting and flare reduction with air sphere coating.
Canon EOS 5D Mark IV DSLR camera specifications:
- Dimensions: 150.7 x 116.4 x 75.9mm; Weight: 800g (Body only)
- 30.4 Megapixel full-frame CMOS sensor with ISO range 100–32,000 (expandable up to 50–102,400)
- DIGIC 6+ Image processor
- 7.0 fps continuous shooting speed
- 4K Motion JPEG video (DCI cinema-type 4096 x 2160) at 30p or 24p; 4K 8.8-Megapixel still images
- Supports CF cards (Type I, UDMA Mode 7), SD / SDHC / SDXC UHS-I memory cards
- 3.2-inch LCD full touch-screen monitor
- 150,000-pixel RGB+IR metering sensor
- 61 points (41 cross-type points, 61 points at f/8)
- HDMI mini OUT terminal – Type C
- Wi-Fi1, NFC2 and GPS3 connectivity
The Canon 5D Mark IV camera body only comes at a price of INR 2,54,995 and will be available across India in the second week of September. The Canon 5D Mark IV with 24-70mm f/4L IS II USM Standard Zoom lens will be available at INR 3,06,995. The camera with the 24-105mm F/4 IS II USM lens will cost INR 3,24,995 and will be available in October.