HMD Global has announced their most affordable Nokia smartphone, the Nokia 2 at an event in India. The device runs on pure Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) out of the box with support for Google Assistant. The company has promised monthly security updates as well as Android 8.0 (Oreo) update for the phone in near future. The device has a 6000 series aluminum frame and a polycarbonate back. The highlight of the device is its 4100mAh battery that the company claims can last for 2 days. Also, the device packs in IP52 drop protection.
The Nokia 2 comes in Black, White and Copper Black color variants and will go on sale from mid-November for a global average price of 99 Euros. The company has not shared country-specific availability details (those will be shared closer to the launch) but has specified that both single-SIM and dual-SIM variants will be available according to the market.
Nokia 2 specifications:
- Dimensions: 143.5 x 71.3 x 9.30 mm
- 5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD LCD In-Cell Touch display | Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- 1.3 GHz quad-core Snapdragon 212 Mobile Platform | Adreno 304 GPU
- 1GB LPDDR3 RAM, 8GB internal memory (expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD)
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat) OS, upgradable to Android 8.0 (Oreo)
- Dual SIM, 4G VoLTE
- 8MP autofocus rear camera with LED Flash
- 5MP front-facing camera
- Splash-proof (IP52), 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.1, GPS / GLONASS
- 4100mAh battery