Acer seems to be at little amuse when it comes to getting their devices at sale in the international markets. The Iconia B1 tab that they recently announces at CES 2013 is already set to sell in India for about Rs. 7,999 . This price-point is very competitive at the moment as this range is totally under populted with tablet devices. Acer has surely made a smart move by entering at a very reasonable price slot but lets see what your bucks could get you. It packs a noble 1.2 GHz dual-core processor with a resolution of 1024*600 at 7 inches. It is available in an 8 GB variant with expansion upto 32 GB. It’s design is innovative with a triangular grip in one corner to help improve grip as the company states.
It’s features are as follows:
- Android Jelly Bean (4.1)
- Mediatek dual-core 1.2GHz processor (MTK 8317T)
- 7-inch diagonal WSVGA capacitive multitouch screen with 1024 x 600 resolution display
- 8GB of internal storage and 512MB DDR3 memory
- Wireless connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n -Bluetooth 4.0 -GPS
- 3.5mm headset/headphone/microphone jack
- Internal speaker
- microSD expansion slot with up to 32GB support
- Front-facing 0.3-megapixel webcam
- Rechargeable 2,710 mAh battery
- micro-USB (charging and PC connect) with USB 2.0
- Dimensions: 197.4 mm x 128.5 mm x 11.3 mm
- Weight: 320 g
It wouldn’t surely bag a performance award for the features it offers, its a low end budget tab just to get things done.