Once again it’s Friday and that means another patch to CS:GO. This week Valve have added a new game mode, 3 new weapons and made several changes. The most notable of which is adjustments to the weapon recoil, once again based on advisement from pro players. The full patch note from counter-strike.net are below:
Release notes for 3/29
• Added Arms Race maps – Shoots and Baggage
• Added Aztec to Classic maps
• Arsenal Arms Race game mode is a single extended round with instant respawn. All players start with the same weapon and get a new one each time they kill an enemy. The progression of unlocked weapons ends with the knife. The first player to get a kill with every weapon wins the match.
• Added ‘Find A Game’ to the Play options menu screen. Find A Game allows you to join an online game of a specific type. This update offers Arsenal Arms Race and Classic Competitive game modes. The map cycle groups include:
Arms Race Maps
• Added new weapons:
Scar 20 – CT only auto-sniper.
G3SG1 – Terrorist only auto-sniper.
Zeus x27 – Casual Mode only weapon available to both teams.
• Adjustments have been made to increase the base accuracy of all weapons.
• Jump and land penalties have been decreased, and the rate of stamina gain has been increased.
• Bot difficulty has been tuned.
• HE grenade damage has been adjusted per pro feedback.
• Added two new player skins:
• Death notice order reversed.
• Updated Italy mini map image.
• Fixed a bug in the keyboard + mouse options screen where changes were resetting.
• Fixed the consecutive loss bonus persisting through halftime. Solves the problem of teams receiving extra cash early in the second round of the match.
• Fixed end match scoreboard saying it was a tie in Arsenal Mode.
• Fixed a bug where penetrating shots were doing full damage after the penetration.
• Fixed a bug where the desired distance required to defuse the bomb wasn’t being used.
• Fix for the HUD alert panel coming up incorrectly.
• Fixed for bots not being able to defuse bomb.
• Fix for bug in Demolition mode where players would start the first round of the second half stuck in level geometry.
• Fix for radio message font appearing quite large at higher resolutions.