Western Digital the world leader in hard drives recently announced their latest innovation, the 7mm mobile hard drive called as WD Blue™. With the increasing requirements of thin and light products for mobility devices WD launched their 7mm 2.5inch hard drives which are highly optimized for new generation ultrabooks and notebooks. The mobile hard drives will be shipping out starting today and will be available in two storage variants that is 320GB for ₹3150 and 500GB for ₹3600. For more details on features view the press below.
Mumbai, India – Dec. 20, 2012 – WD®, a Western Digital (NASDAQ: WDC) company and a world leader in hard drives, announced it is shipping the WD Blue™ 7 mm hard drive, the latest addition to its mobile hard drive family and the 2.5-inch drive with the lowest power consumption on the market today. Specified to a best-in-class 400Gs shock tolerance, the new single-platter WD Blue small form factor hard drives are available in 500 GB and 320 GB capacities and the drives’ compatibility with industry-standard 9.5 mm slots make them ideal storage options for mainstream notebooks as well as slimmer notebook and Ultrabook™ devices that require a 7 mm drive height.
“With more consumers going mobile we have launched the new WD Blue 7mm to meet the storage requirements in thin and light personal computers such as in notebooks and ultrabooks,” said Khwaja Saifuddin, Senior Sales Director -Middle East , Africa & South Asia. He added further, “WD is able to offer capacity along with reliability and data-protection features combined with excellent power management all in a slim form factor which overcomes the storage capacity limitation of SSD-based notebooks.”
Features of the new WD Blue 7 mm hard drives include:
· Low power consumption – Advanced power management features and algorithms optimize the way the drive seeks data, which significantly improves power consumption.
· Shock Tolerance – WD’s ShockGuard™ technology, now increased to a best-in-market 400Gs shock specification, protects the drive mechanics and platter surfaces from shocks.
· Cool and quiet – In a notebook drive, silence is golden. WD’s exclusive WhisperDrive™ technology enables quiet performance.
· Reliable – WD’s SecurePark™ parks the recording heads off the disk surface during spin up, spin down, and when the drive is off. This ensures the recording head never touches the disk surface resulting in improved long term reliability due to less head wear, and improved non-operational shock tolerance.
· Compatibility Tested – WD performs tests on hundreds of systems and a multitude of platforms in its FIT Lab™ and Mobile Compatibility Lab to give customers confidence that drives will work in specific systems.
Price and Availability
Shipping now through select distributors and resellers, the WD Blue 7 mm 2.5-inch mobile hard drives are covered by a 2-year limited warranty. MRP for the 500 GB, model #: (WD5000LPVT) is 3600 INR (plus taxes) and the 320 GB, model #: (WD3200LPVT) is 3150 INR (plus taxes). Additional information about WD Blue hard drives and limited warranty terms may be found on the company website at http://wdc.com/en/products/products.aspx?id=140.