Nikon India on April 10, 2014 announced the release of the AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR, a 16.7× high-power zoom lens compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras.
The lens covers a range of focal lengths with 18-300mm from wide-angle to telephoto. It is smaller and lighter and is much powerful which makes it easier to get started with beginners on entry level cameras as well. The lens is equipped with Vibration Reduction (VR) technology which handle camera shakes up to 4.0-stop increase in shutter speed. The AF-S camera lens also comes with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for fast and quiet autofocusing.
- 16.7× high-power zoom lens covering the 18-300mm range of focal lengths (angle of view equivalent to that of a 27-450mm lens in 35mm  or Nikon FX format) compatible with Nikon DX-format digital SLR cameras
- Equipped with a Vibration Reduction (VR) function for camera shake compensation equivalent to a 4.0-stop* increase in shutter speed
- Superior rendering capability with an optical design with which ED lens and aspherical lens elements have been adopted
- Support for close-up shooting with a minimum focus distance of 0.48 m
- Equipped with a Silent Wave Motor (SWM) for extremely quiet autofocusing
- Compact and lightweight with a maximum diameter of 78.5mm, length of 99mm, and weight of 550g, making it conveniently small and light enough for use
Pricing and Availability
The Nikon AF-S DX NIKKOR 18-300mm f/3.5-6.3G ED VR will be available across India by end of April 2014 at an MRP of ₹80,450.