OnePlus has launched both the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro in its global launch events today. While the OnePlus 7 had minimal changes when compared to its predecessor, the OnePlus 6T, the OnePlus 7 Pro has a lot of changes starting from the design itself. It has a 6.67-inch Fluid AMOLED display without a notch, thanks to the pop-up selfie camera. The display also comes with a 90Hz refresh rate which makes the display super smooth and quick. It is powered with the Snapdragon 855 SoC combined with up to 12GB of RAM with RAM Boost technology.
On the back, we have a 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor which comes with 7 – element plastic lens with f/1.6 aperture including OIS and EIS support. In addition to this, there is an 8MP telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1μm pixel size, and OIS with 3X loss-less zoom. Apart from these two sensors which work together, there is a separate 16MP 117° ultra wide angle lens with f/2.2 aperture. From what the company claimed, the device scored 111 points on DxOMark Mobile. There is a 16MP pop-up selfie camera and the company claims to have tested this mechanism over 300,000 times.
The OnePlus 7 Pro also comes with 10 – layer liquid cooling, a built-in screen recorder, and the Zen Mode which will let you only receive emergency calls and take quick photos for 20 minutes. It has stereo speakers with Dolby Atmos compatibility same as the OnePlus 7. There is also Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection both on the front and the back and the phone can withstand splashed and accidental spills although it doesn’t have any IP certification. The OnePlus 7 Pro comes with a 4000 mAh battery which comes with Warp Charge 30 fast charging support at 5V – 6A and can charge the device up to 48% in just 20 minutes.
- Dimensions: 162.6×75.9×8.8 mm
- Weight: 206g
- Display: 6.67-inch (3120 x 1440 pixels) Quad HD+ 19.5:9 aspect ratio Fluid AMOLED display with 516PPI, 90Hz refresh rate, sRGB color gamut, DCI-P3 color gamut, HDR10, 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB RAM with 128GB storage/ 8GB RAM with 256GB storage (UFS 3.0) storage
- Rear Cameras: 48MP rear camera with Dual LED Flash, 7P lens, f/1.6 aperture, 1/2.25″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, OIS, EIS, 8MP Telephoto lens with f/2.4 aperture, 1.0 μm pixel size, OIS, 3x zoom, 16MP 117° Ultra-wide lens with f/2.2 aperture
- Front Camera: 16MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX471 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, 1.0μm pixel size
- Battery: 4000mAh battery
- Charging: 5V – 6A Warp Charge 30 fast charging
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with OxygenOS 9.5
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Fingerprint sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz) 2×2 MIMO, Bluetooth 5, GPS (L1+L5 Dual Band) + GLONASS, USB Type-C
The OnePlus 7 Pro comes in Nebula Blue, Mirror Gray, and Almond colors and is priced at Rs.48999 for the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version, Rs. 52999 for the 8GB RAM with 256GB storage version and Rs. 57999 for the 12GB RAM 256GB storage version. The 6GB+128GB and 8GB+256GB versions in Mirror Gray will be on sale on Amazon.in, OnePlus.in, all OnePlus exclusive offline stores, all Reliance Digital outlets, MyJio stores, and Croma stores starting on May 17th. However, the 8GB+256GB and 12GB+256GB storage versions with Nebula Blue color will go on sale from May 28th and 8GB+256GB version with Almond color will go sale sometime in June.