The Chinese Smartphone manufacturer Oppo has announced two new smartphones Oppo N3 and Oppo R5 at a global launch event that took place in Singapore yesterday. Oppo N3 is the upgraded version of Oppo N1 and the most hyped rotating camera of Oppo N1 has now been upgraded to a self-automated swivel camera. On the other hand, Oppo R5 is the world’s thinnest smartphone which is so thin that it can’t even have a 3.5 mm jack for audio output.
The Oppo N3 is the successor latest device in the N-series and is powered by a Snapdragon 801 quad-core processor. The highlight of this device is a 16MP Motorized rotating camera which is capable of rotating 206 degrees. Also, the camera is capable of taking pictures up to 64MP HD images using its free-stop and multi-angle shooting features. Oppo is also providing a one-button key-chain remote in the box which can be used to take pictures and play media on the device. The smartphone is powered by a rapid charging system which got quite good words from our experience with the Find 7.
Oppo N3 Specifications:
- Dimensions: 161.2 x 77 x 9.9 mm
- Weight: 192 g
- Display: IPS LCD capacitive touchscreen, 5.5 inches (~403 ppi pixel density)
- Memory: 32GB (internal) and expandable upto 128GB
- RAM: 2GB
- Camera: Motorized rotating Camera, 16 MP (Schneider Kreuznach certified)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 801, Quad-core 2.3 GHz Krait 400
- GPU: Adreno 330
- Battery: Li-Po 3000 mAh
Oppo has surprised everyone by launching its thinnest full HD smartphone, which is actually the slimmest smartphone till date. Earlier Gionee Elife S5.5 was considered as the world’s slimmest smartphone with 5.6mm of thickness but Oppo R5 is just 4.85mm thin.
The device is so thin that it can’t even have a 3.5mm jack for audio playback, so the users have to rely on Bluetooth headsets or connect via an adapter. The smartphone features PI 2.0 Plus Flash Shot technology which reduces the focus time to 0.8 seconds and delivers a 50MP picture quality. Oppo R5 also features rapid charging system.
Specifications of worlds thinnest smartphone Oppo R5 are :-
- Dimensions: 148.9 x 74.5 x 4.9 mm
- Weight: 155g
- Display: 5.2 inches, AMOLED Display, (~423 ppi pixel density)
- Memory: 16GB (no card slot)
- RAM: 2GB
- Primary Camera: 13 MP, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 5MP
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 615, Octa-core 1.5 GHz Cortex-A53
- GPU: Adreno 405
- Battery: Li-Po 2000 mAh (Non-removable)