We all have been highly anticipating the the launch of the next generation iPad with all the crazy rumors, leaks and expectations. The next gen Apple Tablet, the iPad 3 or iPad HD or whatever it’ll be called. iPad 3 is rumored to feature a super high resolution Retina display, a quad-core Apple A6 processor or a improved dual-core A5x processor, 1 GB of RAM, bigger battery, a new case and LTE connectivity.
We don’t have to wait any longer now as the Apple event has gone live in San Francisco and we’ll be reporting live so keep a watch at this space…
Any last minute predictions ? Do share with us !
- Apple CEO Tim Cook has took center stage as expected and has started talking about the portability of PCs and how in all 3 markets PCs, Music and tablets Apple continues its firm hold.
- Tim talks about the iPhone 4S’s success and how it’s expanded the sale around the world with Siri being the next big thing soon to be rolled out in Japan.
- iTunes in the Cloud now supports movies.
- New Apple TV announced with 1080p and a new interface which is quite similar to iOS with better menu and similar interface cues, Apple TV now supports 1080p and the new TV supports iCloud. It retains its low $99 price and will be available starting March 16th.
- iOS 5.1 will roll out today, supports Japanese.
- Availible now.
iPad 3 or iPad HD
- iPad announced with Retina Display – 2048 x 1536
- A5X processor is confirmed, quad-core graphics!
- iSight camera
- 5-megapixel backside illuminated sensor as the main shooter
- 5-element lens, IR filter, and ISP built into the A5X chip.
- Voice dictation which supports US English, British, Australian, French, German and Japanese.
- Available on ATT and Verizon both on LTE.
- 21Mbps HSPA+ and DC-HSDPA at 42Mbps, with LTE at 73Mbps.
- Confirmed on ATT and Verizon, Rogers, Bells, Telus.
- 9.4mm thin, weighing 1.4lbs.
- $499 for 16GB 32GB is $599 and 64GB for $699
- 16th March in US, and 22 March – Tier 2 Countries
- There IS a home button.
- New apps from Autodesk and Epic games being shown off.
- iMovie gets a major update
- iWork updated
- iPhoto has new features
- iLife also on iPad now
- iPad 2 to continue price drops by $100, $399 for a 16GB WiFi model.
In 2012 a lot more to come promises Apple, and that’s a wrap folks !
Alot more coming on these new devices soon. Thanks for following !