Coolpad had sent us a block your date request for 15th January 2016 which is coming Friday with the teaser to witness ‘Small is the new Big’. This is regarding their upcoming launch, a smartphone maybe that’s what we are assuming. So what better should we expect from them after Coolpad Note 3 as it has been doing great in that price segment?
We can observe some iterations with the Coolpad logo on the invite. The font being changed and all letters being in lowercase definitely shows something in works and Friday might be the day when company might reveal something about it. But this doesn’t looks like anything close to the teaser right?
Building up on the speculation, we are assuming this has to be related to a smartphone. ‘SMALL IS THE NEW BIG’ what could this be? Something even more affordable in pricing than the Coolpad Note 3 with probably similar specifications? Something like OnePlus X vs OnePlus One or Lenovo P1m vs Lenovo P1 loosing out a few things but still keeping the integrity of a value for money device.
Just for a reference at this point, the specifications of Coolpad Note 3 are as below:
- 5.5-inch (1280 x 720 pixels) HD IPS display
- 1.3GHz Octa-Core 64-bit MediaTek MT6753 processor with Mali-T720 MP2 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 16GB internal memory, expandable memory up to 64GB with microSD
- Dual SIM
- Android 5.1 (Lollipop) with Cool UI 6.0
- 13MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/2.0 aperture, 5P lens
- 5MP front-facing camera, 1.4 micron pixels
- Fingerprint sensor
- 4G LTE / 3G HSPA+, Wi-Fi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.0, GPS
- 3000mAh battery
Or probably this launch could be about a wearable which is small (duh!) and can be used for something big?
Just for building up the hype until the something is launched this Friday, what do you think this launch could be about? Do let us know your responses, we shall be actively looking for it.