Over the past couple of days we have been constantly hearing about flagship Samsung smartphone, and now it appears a supplier in the UK has accidentally leaked the specifications and name of the new device. The device has been spotted in online leaks number of times and today it was listed for pre-order in UK, but later on the listing was taken down. Earlier it was believed to be a Galaxy S5 variant fashioned out of metal but now it appears to be a completely new device.
The Galaxy Alpha is said to come with a Samsung-made Exynos chipset. The Exynos 5433, which scored higher than the Qualcomm Snapdragon 805 as per benchmark results from last month. After viewing the leaked images of this smartphone there is no doubt that Samsung has again allegedly copied the design of the much awaited Apple iPhone 6. According to the internal sources the Samsung Galaxy Alpha will be formally announced by August 13 and will be available in both black and white.
Some of the leaked specifications for Galaxy Alpha are:
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 5 processor
- Display: 4.7″ Super AMOLED display, 1280 x 720 pixels (320 ppi )
- Memory: 32GB storage
- OS: Android 4.4.2 (kitkat)
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 with A2DP, EDR, LE, Micro USB, GPS
- Primary Camera: 12MP with superfast autofocus, LED flash
- Selfie Camera: 2.1MP
- Fingerprint scanner, 4G capabilities