Realme just launched the Realme 5, the company’s latest smartphone in the realme series, as it had promised. It has a 6.5-inch HD+ Mini-drop notch display with 78% screen-to-body ratio, which the company says is 30.9% smaller than the previous generation. It is powered by Snapdragon 665 11nm SoC with up to 4GB RAM and runs Android 9.0 (Pie) with ColorOS 6.0.
The phone has a 12-megapixel rear camera with f/1.8 aperture, AI scene recognition, 8-megapixel 119° ultra-wide angle lens, 2-megapixel depth sensor and a 2-megapixel sensor for 4cm macro shots. It has a plastic back with crystal design that offers a combination of glossy surface and nano-scale texture. It has a huge 5000mAh battery.
Realme 5 specifications
- 6.5-inch (1600 x 720 pixels) HD+ mini-drop display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3+ protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 610 GPU
- 3GB RAM with 32GB storage, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage / 128GB storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Dual SIM (nano + nano + microSD)
- ColorOS 6.0 realme edition based on Android 9.0 (Pie)
- 12MP rear camera with Sony IMX386 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, PDAF, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 118° ultra-wide angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.25 aperture, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 4cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture
- 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Dimensions: 164.4×75.6×9.3mm; Weight: 198g
- Fingerprint sensor
- 3.5mm audio jack, FM Radio
- Splash resistant
- Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac, Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, Micro USB
- 5000mAh battery with 10W charging
The Realme 5 comes in Crystal Blue and Crystal Purple colors, is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version, 4GB RAM with 64GB storage version costs Rs. 10,999 and the 4GB RAM with 128GB storage version cost Rs. 11,999. It will go on sale on Flipkart and realme.com starting from August 27th.