As announced earlier, Xiaomi has finally launched the successor to the previous Redmi Note device, the Redmi Note 8 and Redmi Note 8 Pro today at an event in New Delhi. The Redmi Note 8 comes with a 6.39-inch FHD+ LCD display with 90% screen-to-body ratio, is powered by the Snapdragon 665 11nm SoC coupled with up to 6GB RAM. It comes with 2.5D Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection both on the front and the back and has an Aura fluid design, and has variating design aspects for different color variants.
Coming to the cameras, the Redmi Note 8 comes with a 48MP primary lens with 4-in-1 pixel binning to help with the lowlight shots, an 8MP 120-degree ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and a 2MP sensor for 2cm macro shots (similar to that of the Redmi Note 8 Pro). On the front, there is a 13MP selfie camera in the waterdrop notch.
When compared to the predecessor (Redmi Note 7), this device comes with an improved speaker with a 40% better output, smart PA, 1217 super linear speakers with a 0.93cc audio cavity which has a nanomesh which is capable of cleaning the dust by its own. Although the fingerprint sensor is 30% smaller than its predecessor, it unlocks faster than that. Along with that, it also comes with splash-resistant P2i coating, and the Indian variant comes with a dedicated MicroSD card slot. Under the hood, the Redmi Note 8 packs a 4000 mAh battery and supports 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 8 Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.3 x 75.3×8.35mm
- Weight: 190g
- Display: 6.39-inch (2340 ×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 2.5D curved glass LCD screen, 450 nit brightness, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 665 11nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs)
- GPU: Adreno 610 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 512GB with microSD
- Cameras: 48MP rear camera with LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, Samsung ISOCELL GM2 sensor, PDAF, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture and a 13MP front-facing camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4000mAh battery
- Charging: 18W fast charging
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + MicroSD) with dedicated MicroSD card slot
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS/ GLONASS/ Beidou, USB Type-C
- Additional features: Smart PA, FM Radio, IR Blaster, Splash proof (P2i nano-coating)
The Redmi Note 8 will be available in Neptune Blue, Moonlight White, Cosmic Purple, and Space Black colors and is priced at Rs. 9999 for the 4GB + 64GB variant, and Rs. 12999 for the 6GB + 128GB variant. The device will go on sale starting from October 21st via Amazon and Mi. For Airtel Prepaid users, there is an additional double data offer for Rs. 249/349 recharge.