Samsung has launched the Gear S3 smartwatch in India which is successor to its Gear S2 smartwatch. The watch is available in two variants- Frontier and Classic. Both the variants run on Tizen based wearable platform instead of Android Wear by Google. The Frontier model of Gear S3 sports a rugged design with a MIL-STD 810G rating, while the Classic variant has a more refined look. The S3 Classic variant offers Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity options, the Frontier variant comes with additional LTE support. Gear S3 also supports MST payment capabilities, however Samsung Pay is not available in India yet so it’s nothing relevant in Indian market as of now.
Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier Specifications
- Dimensions of classic: 46 x 49 x 12.9; Weight: 57g (without band)
- Dimensions of frontier : 46 x 49 x 12.9; Weight: 62g (without band)
- 1.3-inch (360×360 pixels) Circular Super AMOLED display | 278ppi
- 1GHz Dual-Core processor
- 768MB RAM | 4GB internal storage
- Tizen based wearable platform v2.3.2
- IP68 Certified (Dust and Water Resistant)
- 3G/4G LTE (Gear S3 frontier), WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, NFC, MST, A-GPS/Glonass
- Built-in speaker
- Sensors: Accelerometer, Gyroscope, Heart Rate, Ambient Light, Barometer
- 380mAh Li-ion battery with wireless charging (WPC Inductive)
- Compatible with Android & iOS
Pricing and Availability
The Samsung Gear S3 classic and Gear S3 frontier are priced at INR 28500, each and will go on sale in India from January 18th.