As promised exactly 4 weeks ago at the time of Redmi Note 3 launch, Xiaomi has released its much-awaited flagship device Mi 5 in India. The device was first launched in China on February 24th and is also showcased at the MWC 2016. In China, Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in three variants, 3GB RAM/32GB Storage, 3GB RAM/64GB storage and 4GB RAM/128GB storage. But in India, Xiaomi is only bringing the base 32GB variant which is a disappointment for many users.
The Xiaomi Mi 5 features a 5.15-inch Full HD display and is powered by 64-bit Snapdragon 820 quad-core processor along with Adreno 530 GPU. The device will be available with 3GB RAM and includes 32GB of built-in storage. The device includes a 16MP rear camera with dual tone LED flash, PDAF, and 4-axis OIS. According to Xiaomi, the Mi 5 is the first smartphone to feature 4-axis OIS. Just like the Redmi 3, the Mi 5 will also support VoLTE and also features UFS 2.0 . The Mi5 is backed by a 3000mAh battery pack and it does come with Qualcomm Charging 3.0 fast charging support. The physical home button below the display also houses the fingerprint sensor.
Xiaomi Mi 5 specifications:
- Dimensions: 144.55×69.2×7.25mm
- Weight: 129g
- Display: 5.15-inch Full HD display with curved glass
- Processor: 1.8GHz Snapdragon 820 64-bit Quad-Core processor
- GPU: Adreno 530 GPU
- RAM: 3GB LPDDR4 RAM with 32GB (UFS 2.0) internal storage
- OS: Android 6.0 (Marshmallow) with MIUI 7
- Rear Camera: 16-megapixel with dual-tone LED flash, Sony IMX298 sensor, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4-axis OIS, 4K video recording
- Front Camera: 4MP with 2um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 80-degree wide-angle lens
- Battery: 3,000mAh with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
- Fingerprint scanner, Infrared sensor, NFC, USB Type-C
- Dual SIM (nano + nano)
The Xiaomi Mi 5 comes in Black, White and Gold colors and is priced at INR 24,999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage variant. It will be available from Mi.com through flash sale starting from April 6th. Xiaomi is also offering an accidental damage for Rs. 499 for a year on the device that runs on MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow.
At a price of ₹24,999 the Mi5 seems to be a value for money device considering the fact that it is the first phone available in India to be powered by Snapdragon 820 SoC.
Image credits : @ioldmonk