Xiaomi has announced its new phablet, the Mi Max, in India at a special launch event in New Delhi.The Mi Max made its first official appearance when it was launched in China back in May. It is the company’s largest smartphone till date and comes with a metal body with a thickness of just 7.5mm and weighs 203 grams.
Along with the Mi Max the company also announced MIUI 8, their latest UI layer based on Android 6.0 Marshmallow. The new UI will be arriving on smartphones that are currently running on MIUI 7 on 11 July for the Public Beta and 16 August with the stable/final build as an OTA.
Xiaomi Mi Max specifications
- Dimensions: 173.1×88.3×7.5mm; Weight: 203g
- 6.44-inch Full HD IPS 2.5D curved glass display, Corning Gorilla Glass 3
- Hexa-Core Snapdragon 650 / Octa Core Snapdragon 652 processor
- Adreno 510 GPU
- 3GB RAM / 32GB storage, 4GB / 128GB storage, expandable memory with microSD
- MIUI 7 based on Android 6.0 (Marshmallow), upgradable to MIUI 8
- Hybrid Dual SIM (micro+nano/microSD)
- 16MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, PDAF, f/2.0 aperture
- 5MP front-facing camera with 85-degree wide-angle lens, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, infrared sensor
- 4G LTE with VoLTE, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4850 mAh battery
The Xiaomi Mi Max comes in silver, gold and light grey colors and is priced at INR 14,999 for the base model having 3GB of RAM with 32GB of storage and the Snapdragon 652, 4GB of RAM and 128GB storage version is priced at INR 19,999. It will go on sale through mi.com starting July 6th and registrations for the sale will begin today. It will also be available through Amazon, Flipkart, Snapdeal, Tata CLiQ and Paytm from July 13th.
Xiaomi has also announced a special offer for Mi Max users. Xiaomi has partnered Hungama to offer 3 months of Hungama movies for free and one year of Hungama Music.