Xiaomi in today’s event launched the Xiaomi Redmi 7 along with the Redmi Y3. The Redmi 7 comes with a 6.26-inch HD+ display which comes with a waterdrop notch and runs on Android 9.0 Pie with MIUI 10 on top. The Redmi 7 is powered by the Snapdragon 632 SoC coupled with Adreno 506 GPU with up to 3GB of RAM. It has a 12MP primary rear camera with LED flash along with a 2MP secondary camera for capturing depth information. On the front, the Redmi 7 has an 8MP selfie-camera.
The Redmi 7 comes with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection on the front and features dual color finish with Aura Smoke design on the back. The device comes with P2i nano-coating which makes it splash proof and has a rear-mounted fingerprint sensor. It also has dedicated slots for both the SIM cards and a MicroSD card and it packs a 4000 mAh battery.
- Dimensions: 158.73×75.58×8.47mm
- Weight: 180g
- Display: 6.26-inch (1520 × 720 pixels) HD+ 19:9 2.5D curved glass display, 84% NTSC Color Gamut, 1500:1 contrast ratio, 450 nits brightness Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 632 14nm Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 506 GPU
- RAM and Internal Storage: 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage, 3GB RAM with 32GB internal storage
- Rear Cameras: 12MP rear camera with LED Flash, 1.25um pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 2MP camera
- Front Camera: 8MP selfie camera
- Expandable Storage: expandable memory up to 512GB with MicroSD card
- Battery: 4000mAh (typical) / 3900mAh (minimum) battery
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10 1
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano + MicroSD)
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
The Xiaomi Redmi 7 is available in Comet Blue, Lunar Red, and Eclipse Black colors starting at Rs. 7999 for the 2GB RAM with 32GB variant and Rs. 8999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB variant. The device will go on sale from April 29th on Amazon, Mi.com, and Mi Home stores. Jio users will get double data for 4 years and Rs. 2400 as cahsback in the form of vouchers.