In the last few years the adoption of mobile computing has immensely increased across the globe. The world has now gone mobile. With this super usage of mobile devices, the probability of has also increased. Earlier which was only limited to PCs has now has now got a new platform for viruses infections, malware attacks and emerging online threats which has eventually increased the privacy challenges and security risks for businesses and consumers.
Hackers and identity thieves have just one aim in their mind, to steal the personal data and disrupt the operation of victim’s mobile device. To reduce the vulnerability of these attacks we need mobile antivirus just like what we have for Windows PC. A mobile security app can detect and remove threats such as viruses, malware, Trojan Horse, adware, and spyware.
Norton, the most popular among anti-virus softwares available out there in the market inspected the openess of Android mobile system and developed a mobile anitivirus software to protect the users from such attacks. This week we choose to review this Android mobile app and have got some insights to be shared. Read below to know more.
Norton has two categories of their mobile Antivirus. One is the free LITE variant and the other is the pro variant which is the full variant with some additional features for one-time $29.99 charges nothing like yearly subscriptions.
FEATURES (LITE VERSION)
- Find your lost phone or tablet on a map with remote locate
- Protect multiple Android phones and tablets
- Lock your device via SMS text command
- Control security for all your devices through one website
- Scan and remove apps and app updates that have the potential to harm or slow down your device
- Scan SD cards for threats when they’re plugged into your device
- Spot new threats faster with collective information volunteered by millions of Norton users
UPGRADE FOR PRIVACY PROTECTION AND ADDITIONAL FEATURES (FULL VERSION)
The full version of Norton Mobile Security offers more protection from theft, malware, viruses, and mobile spam. Remotely lock and erase your stolen device if necessary, to ensure your private information stays that way. Back up your important contacts and easily restore them across your devices. Its features are:
- Lock or wipe your stolen device remotely to prevent data theft
- Remotely wipe information from your device to protect your privacy
- Trigger a “scream” alarm to quickly find your missing device
- Send a customized message to anyone who finds your missing device
- Block unwanted calls and SMS text messages
- Sync contacts and easily restore or share them across your devices
- Prevent fraudulent (phishing) websites from accessing your personal information
- Ability to instantly lock your phone if the SIM card is removed
* Scream Alarm feature not available in Germany and Korea.
Norton Mobile Security Lite with antivirus protects your Android phones and tablets from theft, malware and viruses, remotely locate your lost or stolen device, scan your new apps, SD cards, new downloads, and app updates for malware and viruses with easy control of the protection for all your devices through one website. The full version or the pro variant makes it even better with some credits for the development firm.
We tried the LITE variant and found it to be make the overall mobile experience a little laggy on the mid-range and worse on low end range handsets, here by range we mean hardware specifications. In the end, I will say that install a mobile security app with anti-virus and malware protection to identify security exploits and thwart malicious activity. In any case you feel it has hampered your mobile experience uninstall it, but remember your data is at stake.
Most among us might be thinking about the reason to install a mobile antivirus. We will rest this topic for now and add it to our to-do list for an editorial very soon. Till then here is a small video detailing about the need to install a mobile anti-virus and if you want Norton mobile antivirus for Android is just like other applications which is available to download from the Google Play store.
If you have any requests or queries to ask tweet us @installornot or you can ask us on our Facebook page or the easy way leave a comment below.
[easyreview title=”Install or Not Scorecard” cat1title=”User friendly” cat1detail=”” cat1rating=”3.5″ cat2title=”Performance” cat2detail=”” cat2rating=”4.0″ cat3title=”Appearence” cat3detail=”” cat3rating=”4.0″ summary=””]