Xiaomi has also entered the 5G era with the launch of Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G, the company’s first 5G smartphone. Xiaomi had launched the Mi Mix 3 (4G variant) in China for 3,299 Yuan (INR 34,800 approximately) in October 2018. Its 5G variant has a 6.39-inch Super AMOLED display with a resolution of 2340×1080 pixels and Gorilla Glass 5 protection. As stated previously, the Mi Mix 3 5G would have Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 855 SoC along with an X50 modem. The device has ceramic back, hybrid cooling, rear-mounted fingerprint sensor and packs a larger 3800mAh battery with support for Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+ fast charging.
The Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G will come in Onyx Black and Sapphire Blue colors and the pricing starts at 599 Euros (US$ 679 / INR 48,500 approx.) for the 6GB RAM with 64GB storage version.
Xiaomi Mi MIX 3 5G specifications:
- Dimensions: 157.89x 74.69x 8.46mm; Weight: 218g
- 6.39-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 19:5:9 display with 103.8% NTSC Color Gamut, 60000:1 contrast ratio, 600 nits brightness
- Octa-Core Qualcomm Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform with Adreno 640 GPU
- 6GB LPDDR4x RAM, 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage
- Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10
- Dual SIM (nano + nano) | Fingerprint sensor
- 12MP rear camera with 26mm wide-angle lens, 1/2.6″ Sony IMX363 sensor, f/1.8 aperture, 1.4µm pixel size, dual LED flash, 4-axis OIS, Optical zoom, 4K video recording, 960 fps slo-mo recording, secondary 12MP rear camera with Samsung S5K3M3+ sensor, 1.0 µm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture, 2X zoom
- 24MP front-facing camera with Super Pixel low-light tech, Sony IMX576 sensor, secondary 2MP DOF camera, OV02A10 sensor, customized high CRI selfie light
- 5G Sub6, Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11ac dual-band (4×4 MU-MIMO ), Bluetooth 5, GPS/GLONASS/Beidou, NFC, USB Type-C
- 3800mAh battery with Quick Charge 4.0+ fast charging, 10W Qi wireless charging