Apple has announced its next generation of iPhones with two new models are called the iPhone XS and iPhone XS Max. Both the devices are powered by new Apple A12 Bionic chip based on 7nm platform which is first in the industry. It features a 6-core design (2 big + 4 small), plus a 4-core GPU and a new 8-core neural engine, which add up to a whopping 6.9 billion transistors. The iPhone Xs has a 5.8″ screen and has the same resolution as last year’s model – 1,125 x 2,436px while the iPhone Xs Max has an 6.5” display.
Both the new iPhones will support Dual SIM card capabilities where two phone numbers and data plans can be used simultaneously, using a single physical SIM card and Apple’s integrated e-SIM. However, this feature won’t be available at launch and Apple says it’ll be enabled in a software update “later this fall.
The Apple iPhone XS and XS Max comes in Gold, Silve, and Space Gray color variants and all the iPhones will come in three storage capacities: 64GB, 256GB, and 512GB. The 64GB configuration of the XS will sell for $999, the same as the iPhone X, and the 64GB XS Max will sell for $1,099. Preorders start Friday, with the phones shipping out September 21st.
Apple iPhone XS and XS Max specifications
- iPhone XS – 5.8-inch (2436 x 1125 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- iPhone XS Max – 6.5-inch (2688 x 1245 pixels) OLED 458ppi Super Retina HDR display, 1,000,000:1 contrast ratio (typical) 3D Touch
- Six-core A12 Bionic 64-bit 7nm processor with four-core GPU, M12 motion co-processor
- 64GB, 256GB, 512GB storage options
- iOS 12
- Water and dust resistant (IP68)
- Dual SIM (secondary eSIM from select carriers or physical SIM in China)
- 12MP wide-angle (f/1.8) and telephoto (f/2.4) cameras, Dual optical image stabilization, Optical zoom; Six‑element lens, True Tone flash, 4K video recording at 60 fps, Slo‑mo 1080p at 240 fps
- 7MP front camera with f/2.2 aperture, 1080p video recording,Retina Flash
- TrueDepth camera for FaceID facial recognition, Stereo speakers
- 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac with MIMO, Bluetooth 5.0, NFC with reader mode, GPS with GLONASS
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery with Qi wireless charging | Fast charging
- iPhone XS: Non-removable Li-Ion 2716 mAh battery
- iPhone XS Max: Non-removable Li-Ion 3300 mAh battery