The operator of free call and messaging app – LINE corporation, announced the launch of their project ‘LINE Santa Claus’. This is a charity project initiated by the company. Users from all over the world can participate in this event.
Users need to send their wishes under the theme of “Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children”. This could be done by using the ON AIR feature, which lets official accounts receive messages from users.
LINE Santa Claus
- LINE official account (LINE ID: @linesanta_2013_en) will be open globally. Seven different languages will be supported.
- Using the ‘ON AIR’ feature, LINE users should submit their wishes under the theme “Building a Brighter Tomorrow for our Children.”
- After detail review, the results will be announced on Christmas Day.
- Fulfilling of wishes will begin in 2014.
How to participate:
- Add the LINE Santa Claus official account as a friend.
- Using the ‘ON AIR’ feature, submit the wishes as mentioned above.
- The LINE team may contact users for confirmation of their submitted wishes.
Period of Event:
- Account opens: Tuesday, December 10, 2013
- Wishes accepted: December 13 to 11:59 pm on Sunday, December 15 (GMT +9).
Announcement: Monday, December 25.
- English, Japanese, Korean, Chinese (Traditional and Simplified), Spanish, and Thai.
- For smartphone users:
- From the More tab, go to Official Accounts > New Official Accounts or find the account in its respective category.
- From the More tab, go to Add Friends, then search by ID and input the LINE ID “@linesanta_2013_en”.