Free calling and messaging app – Line recently held its annual conference, “Hello, Friends in Tokyo 2013”. Line which is in 2nd year now announced that it has achieved 230 million registered users worldwide, representing a 460% growth over the last year. The statistics have improved tremendously from the previous year. The number of messages sent through LINE daily has also increased by 440%. The progress of its platformization and global expansion efforts, future strategies and services and features were also discussed at the conference.
The new features to be introduced are:
- Video calling feature: This feature is to be introduced in Fall 2013. Along with the voice call and messaging LINE will be introducing Video calling feature. People can have face to face conversation with every near and dear ones free of cost at any time.
- LINE Music: This will be introduced in Japan in 2013. This feature will help people purchase music of all genre ranging from J-pop, K-pop, Western music etc. The purchased music can be shared within the LINE friends. This feature will be launched globally soon after its launch in Japan first.
- LINE Mall: This feature will also be launched in Japan in Fall 2013. Its basically an e-commerce service optimized for smartphones. It is designed to deliver revolutionary shopping experience to the users, in which people can buy and sell products efficiently.
- LINE Game:
The following titles will be released starting from Fall 2013:
– LINE FISH ISLAND (Developer: NHN PlayArt Corporation)
– LINE IRONSLAM (Developer: WeMade Entertainment)
– LINE Let’s Golf!(TBC) (Developer: Gameloft)
– LINE MapleStory Village (Developer: NEXON Co., Ltd.)
– LINE Modoo Marble (Developer: CJ E&M Corp. & N2Play)
– LINE Nutlings Tournament (Developer: Boomlagoon Limited)
– LINE Puzzle Bobble (Developer: Taito Corporation)
– LINE Rainbow Chaser (Developer: NHN&OrangeCrew)
– LINE REVENANT GATE (Developer: NHN PlayArt Corporation)
– LINE Shake Spears! (Developer: Alawar Entertainment)
– LINE SONIC DASH (Developer: SEGA Corporation)
- LINE Web Store: LINE Web store to be launched in September. It is an online store. Users can purchase LINE stickers and LINE Game from their web browsers on computers or smartphones. With flexible payment options such as App store, credit cards, Paypal, carrier billing, electronic billing etc, this app becomes more convenient and flexible to use.
LINE prepaid cards will be available in approximately 36,500 7-Eleven, FamilyMart and Lawson convenience stores nationwide from September 30, October 1, and October 15 respectively.
With its quick growth and amazing services, LINE aims to target 300 million users worldwide within 2013.