Windows Phone finally have a file explorer that too officially by Microsoft. This mobile operating system have been lacking a proper file manager that should have been built into the operating system. Today Microsoft announced a dedicated app build in house which is now available to download from the Windows Phone Store.
The free application from Microsoft unlike any third party file management app allows:
- Access files stored on your phone and SD card.
- Browse, search and launch files.
- Easily share one file or multiple files.
- Create folders to organize your files.
- Copy, move, rename and delete files.
The app works for smartphones like Lumia 1520 with external SD card support to manage the files on the external storage. The app currently works for Windows Phone 8.1 only including those running developers preview. There is no confirmation that the app will work with Windows Phone 8 anytime soon and Microsoft too refuses to comment anything on this statement.