BlackBerry KEYOne after announcing at MWC 2017 finally launched here in India today. BlackBerry has been well known for its physical keyboard since its glorious past. We remember using a BlackBerry Bold for quite a time, heck it was one of my personally most used smartphone at that time. BlackBerry after being through quite crests and troughs launched Android smartphones in the last two years. Although they have tried to bring back that tactile feel of a physical keyboard on an Android smartphone, but that surely comes at a hefty price.
This year’s BlackBerry KEYone has been able to catch up good words in the industry. The BlackBerry KEYOne is designed, manufactured and sold by Optiemus in India, Nepal, Sri Lanka and Bangladesh. Launching for a price of ₹39,999 it does not packs a good spec sheet. With Snapdragon 625 mobile platform, 3GB RAM, 32GB storage and 4.5-inch 1620×1080 pixel display it might seem to put-off its potential premium buyers because you know specifications matters. Here is a full list to take a glance.
BlackBerry KEYOne Specifications
- 4.5-inch (1620 x 1080 pixels) 3:2 display with 433 PPI, scratch-resistant glass protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm processor with 650MHz Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM, 32GB internal storage, expandable memory up to 2TB with microSD
- 4-row Physical QWERTY backlit keyboard with capacitive touch
- Android 7.1 Nougat
- Hybrid dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD)
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX378 sensor, 1.55μm pixel size, 1/2.3″ sensor size, f/2.0 aperture, PDAF, 4K video recording
- 8MP front-facing camera with 1.12µm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture
- Dimensions: 149.3 x 72.5 x 9.4mm; Weight: 180g
- 4G LTE, Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4 & 5 GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS / GLONASS, NFC, USB 3.1 Type-C
- 3505mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0
Pricing and Availability
BlackBerry KEYOne has been launched in India for ₹39,999. It comes in Limited Edition Black color in India and will be available exclusively from Amazon.in starting from August 8th 2017.