Panasonic today introduced three new G series cameras in their existing line specially for the Indian market. The G series mirrorless cameras now come with improved imaging capabilities. These 3 cameras are intended to fit different consumers that would opt for specific / varying features at a price point the starts from Rs. 22,000 to as high as Rs. 99,990 excluding the lens.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GF5 comes with a 12.1 Megapixel Live MOS sensor and an all new revamped Venus Engine Image Processor. The Specifications of the DMC-GF5 are as follows:
Panasonic GF5 specifications at a glance:
- 12.1MP Live MOS sensor
- ISO 160-6400 (extendable to 12800)
- ‘3DNR’ three-dimensional noise reduction system
- 3.0″, 920k dot touch-sensitive LCD
- Full AVCHD 1080/60i video (from 30fps sensor output) with MP4 recording option
- Stereo microphones
- Built-in orientation sensor
- 14 Creative Control filter effects options
- Scene Guide mode with 23 modes
The DMC-G5 comes with the worlds fastest Auto Focusing speed which Panasonic calls the Light Speed AF (focus in 0.09 seconds). However the new and improved circuitry that doesn’t block as much light entering the photosite, giving better low light performance.This micro four thirds is the best amongst current competition yet. The Panasonic Lumix DMC-G5 is now available at Rs. 37, 990 for the 1442 mm lens and Rs. 43,990 for 1442 and 45150 mm lens.
Panasonic GX1 specifications at a glance
- 16MP Micro Four Thirds sensor
- ISO 160-12,800
- Orientation sensor (providing information with non-OIS lenses)
- 3.0″, 460k dot LCD
- Full AVCHD 1080/60i video (from 30fps sensor output)
- Continuous shooting up to 20fps (at reduced resolution)
- Electronic level gauge
- Four available Fn buttons (two onscreen)
The DMC-GX1 is would serve equally well for beginners and those looking to have more control of imagery, the GX1 has two automatic shooting modes (iA and iA Plus). What is common with the DMC-GF5 is the Light Speed AF (Auto Focus) clocks in at 0.09 seconds which is accomplished by synchronizing the lens and sensor at 120 FPS.The DMC-GX1 comes at Rs. 34,990 with the 14-42mm lens.
Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 at a glance:
- 16MP Live MOS sensor with three-core Venus 7 FHD engine
- Magnesium alloy body with weather sealing (dust and splash proof)
- ISO 200-12800 (extended range of ISO 125-25600)
- 6 fps continuous shooting
- AF speed of 0.07 seconds
- 1.7 million dot equiv. 16:9 ratio OLED viewfinder (873 x 500 pixels)
- 614k dot 3″ OLED rear screen (640 x 480 pixels)
- Full HD 60p/50p video with 30p/25p option
- MOV (h.264), MP4 and AVCHD formats
- Video bit rates of 50Mbps in IPB and 72Mbps in All-I compression modes
- Timecode support in MOV(H.264) and AVCHD formats
- 3.5mm mic socket and headphone socket
- Four channel wireless control for the optional DMW-FL360L external flash
- PC socket
- iOS and Android app control via Wi-Fi
The weather sealed magnesium alloy body is a durable shell that would help the camera to last years without breaking a sweat. THE DMC-GH3 has now custom assignable 5 buttons against the 3 which were previously available. Improvements are seen in the memory speeds with data transfer speed which now go till 72Mbps versus 40 earlier.
The Panasonic Lumix DMC-GH3 camera body itself is priced at Rs. 99,990. Add a Lumix 14140 lens to it and it costs Rs. 1,54,990.