HMD Global has launched their flagship smartphone, the Nokia 8 in India. The smartphone is built with an organic full aluminium unibody design, machined from a single block of 6000 series aluminum. The device packs a 5.3-inch Quad-HD display with sculpted Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection, is powered by an Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform and runs on Android Nougat. The highlight of the device is its 13-megapixel dual camera module, where one of them is a color sensor and the other one is a monochrome sensor.
The Nokia 8 features Dual-Sight technology that allows users to take a picture or video using both front and back cameras simultaneously. The device also features Nokia OZO spatial 360-degree audio that uses the phone’s 3 microphones to capture the sound in incredible detail.
The Nokia 8 will be available in Polished Blue, Tempered Blue, Steel colors and Polished Copper color variants and is priced at INR 36,999. The smartphone will be available from October 14 on Amazon India, Croma, Reliance, Sangeetha Mobiles, Poorvika, and BigC, apart from other offline stores.
Nokia 8 specifications:
- 5.3-inch Quad HD LCD display | 554ppi pixel density | Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa-Core Snapdragon 835 Mobile Platform | Adreno 540 GPU
- 4GB DDR4X RAM | 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage (expandable up to 256GB with microSD)
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano/microSD) | 4G VoLTE
- 13MP (Colour) primary camera with OIS + 13MP (Mono), ZEISS optics, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 76.9-degree wide-angle lens, PDAF, IR range finder, dual tone flash
- 13MP auto focus front-facing camera with ZEISS optics, PDAF, 1.12um pixel size, f/2.0 aperture, 78.4˚ lens
- Fingerprint sensor | Barometer | Splashproof (IP54) | 3.5mm headphone jack
- Wi-Fi 802.11ac (MIMO), Bluetooth 5.0, GPS/ GLONASS , NFC
- 3090mAh battery | Qualcomm Quick Charge 3.0 | USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 1