Samsung launches Galaxy Core 2 smartphone in India, which was announced globally earlier this month. Galaxy Core 2 is only available for purchase via Samsung’s India e-store at present. The Galaxy Core 2 has a 4.5-inch (800 x 480 pixels) LCD capacitive touchscreen display and a 1.2 GHz quad-core processor. The smartphone runs Android 4.4 (KitKat) with Samsung TouchWiz Essence UI. It has a 5-megapixel auto focus rear camera with LED flash and a 0.3-megapixel (VGA) front-facing camera.
The smartphone is launched at a budget price of Rs. 11,900 and is available is two colours (black and white), and is available at samsung official webstore and also at infibeam.com . The smartphone is a budget phone with average specifications the smartphone also has a leather backpanel which gives it a premium look .
Specifications of Galaxy Core 2 :-
- Dimensions: 130.30 x 68.50 x 9.80
- Weight: 138 gm
- Display: 480 x 800 pixels, 4.5 inches (~207 ppi pixel density)
- SIM:Dual SIM, (Dual stand-by)
- Internal memory: 4GB
- RAM : 768 MB
- Primary Camera:5 MP, 2592 х 1944 pixels, autofocus, LED flash
- Secondary Camera :VGA
- OS: Android OS, v4.4.2 (KitKat)
- CPU : Quad-core 1.2 GHz
- Battery: Li-Ion 2000 mAh battery
Comparison with other phones in the Market :
Earlier this week ASUS and Xiaomi have launched their budget phones series i.e Zenphone series and MI3 respectively and these phones by Asus and Xiomi have better specifications than Samsung Galaxy Core 2 at the same price.
- TFT display on galaxy core 2 which is quite far behind the 720p displays on the Asus Zenfone 5, the Moto G and even the qHD display of the Moto E.
- Moto G offers 1Gb RAM at same price range and Galaxy Core 2 offers only 768 MB
- ASUS Zenphone 5 offers bigger display size ie. 5 inches vs 4.5 inches on Galaxy Core 2. Zenphone 5 also offers 8MP camera vs 5 MP in Galaxy Core 2.