As announced earlier, Xiaomi has launched its new budget-range smartphone in the Redmi Note line up, the Redmi Note 8 Pro today after the global variant has received a lot of speculation. The Redmi Note 8 Pro, alongside the Redmi Note 8 sports a 6.53-inch FHD+ LCD display with HDR support, has a 91.4% screen-to-body ratio and comes with TÜV Rheinland eye protection certification. Apart from being the first phone to be launched with the MediaTek Helio G90T SoC, this is the first phone to feature liquid cooling to reduce the device’s temperature.
Coming to the cameras, the Redmi Note 8 Pro has a 64MP primary lens with f/1.7 aperture comprising of a Samsung GW1 Sensor which comes with ISOCELL technology. With this, the device comes with an enhancement of up to 15% in light sensitivity and has Smart ISO auto-adjusting based on ambient light intensity. Along with that, the device comes with an 8MP ultra-wide-angle lens, a 2MP depth sensor, and another 2MP sensor for macro shots at 2cm. On the front, there is a 20MP selfie camera with the usual MIUI modes.
In the design aspect, the phone features a 3D glass back curvy design with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection and has a splash-resistant body with IP52 ratings. In concern with gaming, it comes with a WiFi X antenna for better internet connectivity. For the Indian variant, Xiaomi has implemented a dedicated MicroSD card slot and comes with a built-in Alexa assistant. Under the hood is a 4500 mAh battery which comes with MediaTek Pump Express 18W fast charging.
Redmi Note 8 Pro Specifications
- Dimensions: 161.37×76.4×8.79mm
- Weight: 199.8g
- Display: 6.53-inch (2340 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ display with Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core MediaTek Helio G90T 12nm processor (Dual 2.05GHz A76 + Hexa 2GHz A55 CPUs)
- GPU: 800MHz Mali-G76 3EEMC4 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB LPPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 6GB / 8GB (LPPDDR4x) RAM with 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 256GB with microSD
- Cameras: 64MP rear camera with 1/1.72″ Samsung GW1 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, f/1.8 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 8MP 120° ultra-wide-angle lens with 1.12μm pixel size, 2MP depth sensor and 2MP camera for 2cm macro with 1.75μm pixel size, f/2.4 aperture and a 20MP front camera with f/2.0 aperture
- Battery: 4500mAh battery
- Charging: MediaTek Pump Express 18W fast charging
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with MIUI 10, upgradable to MIUI 11
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano) with dedicated MicroSD card slot
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Additional features: Liquid cooling, Built-in Alexa with a dual wake word, Splash resistant (IP52), IR Blaster
The Redmi Note 8 Pro will be available in Gamma Green, Halo White, and Shadow Black colors and is priced at Rs. 14,999 for the 6GB + 64GB variant, Rs. 15,999 for the 6GB + 128GB variant, Rs. 17,999 for the 8GB + 128GB variant. Starting from October 21st, the Redmi Note 8 Pro will be available via Amazon and Mi.com