Microsoft announced Windows 11, a next-generation of Windows, last month. They entirely redesigned everything. Eventually, they started rolling out the insider preview of Windows 11 some week and also released an update last week. Today, Microsoft has started rolling out the second insider preview update in the dev channel with many bug fixes and feature additions. They have added a couple of things like an acrylic material context menu, rounded taskbar previews, and more. Let’s talk about the new changes. The new update carries the build number 22000.71.
Some Features added in Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000.71
- They added a new entertainment widget that allows you to see new and featured movie titles available in the Microsoft Store. Selecting a movie will direct you to the Microsoft Store.
- The new context menus and other right-click menus will use acrylic material.
- The Taskbar previews have been updated to reflect the new visual design of Windows 11.
Some Fixes in Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000.71
- We fixed an issue where if you drag app icons on the Taskbar to rearrange them, it was making the apps launch or minimize when you released the icon.
- Using a long press with touch on an app icon in the Taskbar to open the jump list should now work.
- After right-clicking the Start icon in the Taskbar, clicking somewhere else should now dismiss the menu more reliably.
- Shift + Right-click on an app icon in the Taskbar will now bring up the window menu like it used to and not the jump list.
- We’ve included the fix for an issue when using multiple Desktops where an app icon in the taskbar might give the appearance of multiple windows being open when that wasn’t the case on that Desktop.
- The issue where if you click on the input indicator on the Taskbar and it would unexpectedly highlighted Quick Settings has been fixed.
- When you hover over Task View, the preview flyout for your Desktops will no longer pop back up after using Esc to dismiss them.
- We made a fix to address an issue where explorer.exe might crash after hovering over the Task View icon in the Taskbar.
- We fixed an issue where the selected date in the calendar flyout was out of sync with the date in the Taskbar.
- We made an update to address a scenario resulting in some Insiders not seeing the lunar calendar text in the calendar flyout when enabled in Settings.
- This flight addressed an issue that could unexpectedly make the Taskbar background transparent.
- The tooltip for the location in use icon in the Taskbar should no longer appear blank sometimes.
Here are some of the new features, improvements, and fixes done by Microsoft in the latest Windows 11 Insider Preview build 22000.71. You can check the full changelog in the official Windows blog. Still, many features like Android apps support, Microsoft Teams integration, and much more is left to be added and might be added in some later insider builds. The update may take some time to roll out completely so have patience over it.