Xiaomi has launched the Mi A2 Android One smartphone in India. The device features a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 display, is powered by Snapdragon 660 and runs Android 8.1 (Oreo), with a promised Android 9.0 (Pie) update later this year.
The Xiaomi Mi A2 comes in Black, Gold, Lake Blue and Rose Gold color variants and is priced at INR 16,999 for the 4GB RAM with 64GB RAM version, and the 6GB RAM with 128GB storage version will be available soon. It will be available on Mi.com and Amazon.in on pre-order starting tomorrow 9th August post which it will go on weekly sale starting 16th August 2018 from 12:00 Noon across Mi.com, Amazon.in and Mi Home stores.
Xiaomi Mi A2 specifications
- Dimensions: 158.7×75.4×7.3mm; Weight: 168g
- 5.99-inch (2160×1080 pixels) Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass display with 1500:1 Contrast ratio, Corning Gorilla Glass 5 protection
- Octa Core Snapdragon 660 14nm Mobile Platform (Quad 2.2GHz Kryo 260 + Quad 1.8GHz Kryo 260 CPUs) with Adreno 512 GPU
- 4GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.1) storage / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 128GB (eMMC 5.1) storage
- Android 8.1 (Oreo), upgradable to Android 9.0 (Pie)
- Dual SIM, Dual 4G VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with LED flash, f/1.75 aperture, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, EIS, 20MP secondary camera with Sony IMX376 sensor with f/1.75 aperture, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, 4 in 1 – 2.0um pixels soft LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Wi-Fi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz / 5GHz), Bluetooth 5 LE, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- 3010mAh battery with Qualcomm Quick Charge 4+