Xiaomi has launched the Redmi Note 5 smartphone, the 2018 iteration to the Redmi Note series in India. The device is rebranded Redmi 5 Plus which was launched in China back in December last year. The Redmi Note 5 features a 5.99-inch FHD+ 18:9 full-screen display and is powered by Snapdragon 625 processor.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Lake Blue color variants and is priced at INR 9999 for the 3GB RAM with 32GB storage version and the 4GB RAM 64GB storage variant costs INR 11,999. The Redmi Note 5 will be exclusively made available at Flipkart as well as Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from 22nd February 2018.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 specifications:
- Dimensions: 158.5 x 75.45 x 8.05mm; Weight: 180g
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display | Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 2GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 625 14nm Mobile Platform | Adreno 506 GPU
- 3GB RAM | 32GB storage or 4GB RAM | 64GB storage (expandable up to 128GB with microSD)
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) | MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) | 4G VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF
- 5MP front-facing camera with LED flash, f/2.0 aperture
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 4.2, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery