Along with Redmi Note 5, Xiaomi is also launching a Pro variant of the Redmi Note 5 featuring a better processor, a new camera sensor and up to 6GB of RAM. Xiaomi is calling this variant as Redmi Note 5 Pro and it features the same 5.99-inch Full HD+ 2.5D curved glass screen from the Redmi Note 5 but the Pro variant is powered by Snapdragon 636 SoC with up to 6GB RAM. The camera module is the same as of the Note 5 but it has a secondary 5MP rear camera to capture the depth information for portrait shots. To master the selfie experience the Redmi Note 5 Pro features a 20MP front-facing camera with soft selfie flash.
The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro comes in Black, Gold, Rose Gold and Blue color variant and is priced at INR 13999 for the 4GB RAM + 64GB storage version and the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage version costs INR 16,999. The Redmi Note 5 Pro will be exclusively made available at Flipkart as well as Mi.com and Mi Home Stores starting from 22nd February 2018.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro specifications
- Dimensions: 158.6×75.4×8.05mm | Weight: 181g
- 5.99-inch Full HD+ 18:9 2.5D curved glass display | Corning Gorilla Glass 3 Protection
- 1.8GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 636 14nm Mobile Platform | Adreno 509 GPU
- 4GB / 6GB LPDDR4x RAM with 64GB (eMMC 5.0) storage, expandable memory up to 128GB with microSD
- Android 7.1.2 (Nougat) with MIUI 9
- Hybrid Dual SIM (nano + nano / microSD) | 4G VoLTE
- 12MP rear camera with dual-tone LED Flash, Sony IMX486 sensor, 1.25μm pixel size, f/2.2 aperture, PDAF, secondary 5MP camera with Samsung sensor, 1.12μm pixel size, f/2.0 aperture
- 20MP front-facing camera with Sony IMX376 sensor, f/2.2 aperture, LED flash
- Fingerprint sensor, Infrared sensor
- Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS
- 4000mAh battery