After a lot of speculation after the announcement of the device by ASUS, they launched the smartphone renaming it from Zenfone 6 to ASUS 6Z after the trademark controversy. The ASUS 6Z has a 6.46-inch FHD+ LCD display with narrow bezels and no notch. It has a screen-to-body ratio of 92% and has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection on the top. It is powered by the Snapdragon 855 SoC and can equip up to 8GB of RAM. It comes with Android 9.0 with ZenUI 6 on top out of the box and ASUS promises future updates of Android Q and R.
Onto the camera, the ASUS 6Z sports a motorized flip camera with a primary 48MP Sony IMX586 sensor with Quad Bayer technology for 12MP effective images along with a 13MP 125-degree ultra-wide angle lens which can be used both for rear camera photos and selfies. The flip camera is made of liquid metal and is known to be four stronger than stainless steel. If the phone is dropped accidentally, the flip camera closes automatically and the company claims to have tested it up to 100,000 flips.
The back comes with a 3D Corning Gorilla Glass protection and the phone’s frame features a 6000-series aluminum frame. The fingerprint sensor is rear mounted and it has a dedicated smart button for Assistant. The SIM tray comes with dual-SIM slots along with a dedicated slot for the MicroSD card. It has a 5000 mAh battery with QuickCharge 4.0 support when charged with the 18W charger provided in the box.
ASUS 6Z Specifications
- Dimensions: 159.1 x 75.4 x 9.2 mm
- Weight: 190g
- Display: 6.4-inch (2340 x 1080 pixels) Full HD+ NanoEdge IPS LCD 19.5:9 aspect ratio screen with 600 nits brightness, HDR10, Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection
- CPU: Octa-Core Snapdragon 855 7nm Mobile Platform (1 x 2.84GHz Kryo 485 + 3 x 2.42GHz Kryo 485 + 4x 1.80GHz Kryo 485)
- GPU: Adreno 640 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 6GB LPDDR4X RAM with 64GB / 128GB (UFS 2.1) storage, 8GB LPDDR4X RAM with 256GB (UFS 2.1) storage, expandable memory up to 1TB with microSD
- Cameras: 48MP flip camera with Dual LED Flash, f/1.79 aperture, 1/2″ Sony IMX586 sensor, 0.8μm pixel size, Laser AF, EIS, 13MP secondary camera with 125-degree ultra-wide lens, f/2.4 aperture, 4K 60 fps video recording
- Battery: 5000mAh battery
- Charging: 18W QuickCharge 4.0 fast charging
- OS: Android 9.0 (Pie) with ZenUI 6
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano) with dedicated MicroSD card slot
- Fingerprint sensor: Rear-mounted fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: Dual 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 ac (2.4GHz + 5GHz), Bluetooth 5, GPS + GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Additional features: 3.5mm audio jack, FM radio,5-magnet stereo speaker, Dual NXP TFA9874 smartamp, dual microphones
The ASUS 6Z is available in Midnight Black and Twilight Silver colors, and is priced at Rs.31999 for the 6GB RAM + 64GB storage, Rs.34999 for the 6GB RAM + 128GB storage, and Rs.39999 for the 8GB RAM + 256GB storage. The device will be available for sale through Flipkart starting from June 26th.