After the Flipkart teaser threw a leak that the iQOO 3 5G was going to launch on 17th February in India, it was, in fact, false. The company, which is a sub-brand of Vivo, launched the devices parallelly in India and China. The iQOO 3 comes with a 6.44-inch FHD+ Super AMOLED panel with a 20:9 aspect ratio and with a 180Hz Super Touch Response. It is protected by Schott Xensation UP glass protection and comes with a selfie punch-hole camera on the front. Under the hood is the latest Snapdragon 865, which can be coupled with up to 12GB of RAM.
The iQOO 3 comes with a quad-lens rear camera setup, which includes a 48MP primary sensor along with a 13MP telephoto lens for up to 20x digital zoom, 13MP ultra-wide-angle lens, and a 2MP depth sensor. The 13MP wide-angle lens is also capable of shooting macro shots. On the front, it has a 16MP punch-hole selfie camera which and there is an in-display fingerprint sensor.
The iQOO 3 and iQOO 3 5G runs on Android 10 with iQOO UI 1.0 on top of it. It comes with Carbon Fiber VC Liquid Cooling, which is capable of reducing the surface temperature by up to 3.5-degrees Celsius and CPU temperature by 12-degrees Celsius. On the rear, it has Corning Gorilla Glass 6 protection.
The iQOO 3 devices also come with gaming-specific features such as Monster Touch Buttons that use two-pressure sensitive buttons on the side panel. The Monster Touch buttons can be used while gaming and come with US-Ergo certification, which has a wider grip, comfort, and broader adaptation. It also has 4D vibrations that can give back relevant feedback of a shooting gun while firing in a game. It packs a 4440 mAh battery which supports 55W FlashCharge technology and can fill up half the battery in just 15 min. Apart from that, the iQOO 3’s design and accessories are gaming-friendly, thanks to the L-shaped charging cable and earphones.
iQOO 3 and iQOO 3 5G Specifications
- Dimensions: 158.51×74.88×9.16mm
- Weight: 214.5g
- Display: 6.44-inch (2400 × 1080 pixels) Full HD+ 20:9 E3 Super AMOLED 2.5D curved glass display with HDR10+, 800 nits brightness, 1200 nits peak brightness, 100% DCI-P3 Color Gamut, Schott Xensation UP glass protection
- CPU: 2.84GHz Octa-Core Snapdragon 865 7nm Mobile Platform
- GPU: Adreno 650 GPU
- RAM and Storage: 8GB LPDDR5 RAM with 128GB / 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage / 12GB LPDDR5 RAM with 256GB (UFS 3.1) storage
- Cameras:48MP primary camera with Sony IMX582 sensor, f/1.79 aperture, LED flash, EIS, 13MP telephoto lens with f/2.46 for up to 20x digital zoom, 13MP 120° ultra-wide sensor with f/2.2 aperture, support for macro, 2MP depth sensor with f/2.4 aperture and 16MP front-facing camera with f/2.45 aperture
- Battery: 4,440mAh (typical)
- Charging: 55W fast Charging with Super FlashCharge technology
- OS: Android 10 with iQOO 1.0
- SIM: Dual SIM (nano + nano)
- Fingerprint sensor: In-display fingerprint sensor
- Connectivity: 5G SA/NSA, Dual 4G VoLTE, Wi-Fi 6 802.11 ax, Bluetooth 5.1, GPS/GLONASS, USB Type-C
- Additional features: 3.5mm audio jack, AK4377A Hi-Fi chip, Hi-Res audio certification
The iQOO 3 is priced at Rs. 36,990 for the 8GB + 128GB and Rs. 39,990 for the 8GB + 256GB variant. On the other hand, the iQOO 3 5G is priced at Rs. 44,990 for the 12GB + 256GB variant. Both the devices come in Volcano Orange, Quantum Silver, and Tornado Black colors, respectively, and will be available via Flipkart and iQOO.com starting from 4th March.